- Aetna Better Health
- AmeriHealth NJ Value Network
- Cigna Health Springs
- Health Partners
- Keystone First
- Keystone Mercy
- Keystone Health plan East PA Kids
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- United Healthcare Solutions Dual Plan
- Due to our COVID-19 protocols focused appointments to address specific concerns are booking out about 4-5 weeks. If you have an urgent rash or lesion of concern we will schedule the appointment and add you to our waitlist. We get regular cancellations and fill them daily from the wait list.
- Full cancer screen/mole checks are longer appointments. The provider will examine the entire body for skin cancer and abnormal moles. These appointments take longer than a focused visit and can book 2-3 months out.
The cost of your visit can vary widely, depending on your individual insurance coverage and what procedures are performed at the time of your visit. It is important to know what your plan’s annaual deductible and coinsurance are. We will bill your insurance for an office visit and any procedures that may be performed. Because we are examining your skin to evaluate any skin cancers, we strive to provide quality care by treating any suspicious lesions when we see them. If you are hesitant about treatment due to the cost, please speak with one of the medical assistants or the physician.
Full skin exams are billed to your insurance company as an office visit. These are not billed as “preventative” or “physicals”, so your insurance company will not deny for calendar year. If your plan covers office visits, they most likely will also cover a full skin exam.
Copays are determined by your insurance company based on the codes that the provider submits to them. In dermatology, there is a copay required for office visits and frequently for treatment sessions. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact our billing staff and/or your insurance company.
When you have 2 insurances, it is very important that you coordinate between them BOTH to determine who is primary and who is secondary. Our insurance staff will not know which insurance to submit to first without your instruction. It is extremely time consuming and complicated to switch insurance orders after claims have been submitted. A charge may be incurred for having to rebill different insurances if you have instructed us to use the incorrect one.